Football players must be strong, fast and have excellent coordination — an impressive list of skills that all sports fans dream of. Today we will tell you how footballers reach such impressive results. In football, there are two types of training, each of which is aimed at developing certain skills:
- Physical skills: speed, strength, endurance, and jumping
- Speed is required to instantly change the speed mode from slow to fast.
- Good coordination helps to spend a minimum of time on turns.
- Strength and endurance help players to play for more than 90 minutes.
Strength is mostly developed by work with weights. Attention is paid to working with the legs and strengthening the abs. As one can read in football news, the ball often hits the stomach, so you can lose your breathing. Strong abs and the ability to use the muscles at the right time help not to be distracted from the game.
The other important thing to pay attention to is footwork. In order to improve these skills, it is recommended to do five simple exercises:
1) shuttle run;
2) low start acceleration;
3) jumping over the barrier;
5) ladder exercise.
- Technical and tactical skills
A quick reaction on the field is extremely important. Each player learns to make decisions in a limited time and under the influence of external factors. There is such a thing as football intelligence: it is important that decisions are not only quick but also correct. Otherwise, the efficiency will be uncertain.
To develop tactical skills, athletes train in conditions of lack of time or space. Players do not occupy the entire field for the game, but a small part of it, while the opponent stays closer to eliminate the efficient decision-making. So the brain learns to think faster.
Athletes, like nobody else, are dreaming of the first place. How to control yourself and your emotions in a passionate desire to be the first? There is a sport ethic for this. It was created to limit the possibility of using dishonest methods of gaining victory. This side of the sport also applies to the moral qualities of athletes. Victory obtained by fraud does not bring pride and joy. Sports ethics sets the concepts of honesty and justice in an athlete’s life. It regulates the rules of conduct and moral principles in sports activities.
Therefore, if you want to call yourself an athlete, you have to know and follow the rules of sports ethics. These principles constitute sporting behavior and deny an unfair victory.
- Respect the opponent: sometimes when you lose it is very difficult to maintain respect to the rival. However, it is necessary to do if you want to start a professional career.
- Respect the rules and decisions of referees: accept all their decisions and appeal them correctly if necessary. The attitude to judges is a crucial issue because they are rarely mistaken. Blaming the referees is not a sport behavior. You have to accept possible injustice as an additional stimulus and motivator to train more and win in spite of any injustices.
- Doping and any artificial stimulation should not affect the results.
- Equal chances — all athletes at the start of the competition can equally expect to win
- Self-control — accept any outcome of the match adequately.
Compliance with these rules is one of the keys to victory. Great champions such as Pele proved these statements. There are also examples when talented players ruined their career by abandoning rules, as, for example, Diego Maradona. Anyway, both footwork training and professional ethic are important to reach impressive results in sport. The same applies to other types of activity: only a fair play brings the desired satisfaction.
What are the key factors of sports success? Do the footballers have to follow the work ethic or to use any means to succeed? Share your suggestions with us in the comments.