We sat down with the team from UK Sportsbook Bet on Brazil, we got to chatting about who we think will be the signing of the summer for the EPL. Here’s what we came up with.
With several big money acquisitions already having joined the Premier League for the upcoming season and many more linked with a move to England’s top flight, we look at some of the new arrivals who will be plying their trade on pitches from Turf Moor to St Mary’s…
- A statement of intent or a massive gamble? Only Zlatan knows for sure as this mercurial striker will either dominate defences or be smothered by them. Undoubted quality but is he up for the pace of the Premier League?
- A mixed performance at Euro 2016, this Bundesliga star has a fiery temperament and should fit in perfectly with Arsenal’s long standing fixation of picking up unnecessary red cards. But he also has pace and a great first touch and will bring goals from midfield for sure.
- One of Belgium’s top strikers he should form a mouth-watering partnership with his international team-mate Eden Hazard. He scored 26 goals in 62 appearances during his 2 years at Marseille so knows where the back of the net is.
- This German shot stopper is well known to Jurgen Klopp and has impressed in pre-season which is a promising sign given Liverpool’s occasionally porous defence. Brought in to put pressure on Simon Mignolet there is a good chance he may start the season as first choice goal-keeper.
- One of Pep Guardiola’s first signings. Gundogan is a creative midfielder whose only flaw is that he needs to add goals to his game. The German international will no doubt bring a flurry of assists to City’s strikers and he has a high work rate which will enable him to quickly track back as part of his defensive duties.
- Brought in to add goals from up front and take some of the pressure off Harry Kane, Janssen was the top scorer in the Dutch Eredevisie last season and at only 21 surely has a glittering career ahead of him. He has made his full Holland international debut in 2016 and was man of the match in the recent friendly against England.
West Ham United
- This Norwegian midfielder is highly regarded and already familiar with London having previously being on the books at Arsenal. He can add the occasional goal but is a specialist defensive midfielder and expert at breaking up play and recycling the ball forward.
- Signed from CSKA Moscow this Nigerian midfielder has 11 goals in 58 international appearances and brings Champions League experience to the King Power Stadium. With the first European campaign whilst in the Premier League Leicester will surely need his skill and guile.
- Southampton fans will have a challenge trying to find a rhyming song to honour their new midfielder but they have snapped up a player highly rated by Pep Guardiola and considered somewhat unlucky to have not broken through into the Bayern Munich first team.
With plenty of clubs still waiting on players involved in Euro 2016 to return from their summer breaks you can’t help feeling that there will be more big-name players arriving before the transfer window closes on the 31st August. Several clubs are yet to make any firm moves and there are a couple with money to burn and the memories of a disappointing 2015-16 campaign to bury