The Chicago Fire Soccer Club and Cricket Communications, the club’s official wireless partner and a leading provider of innovative and value-driven wireless services, announced the launch of the “Chicago Fire Mobile Application Powered by Cricket,” to connect fans with Fire news, player updates and social interactions from their mobile phone. The app will be available for download Saturday, Aug. 18 at 4:30 p.m. CT prior to the Chicago Fire – New England Revolution match at Toyota Park which kicks off at 7:30 p.m. CT (NBC5.2/97.5 ESPN Deportes).
The free app, dedicated to Chicago Fire soccer fans, will simplify access to Chicago Fire news, updates and game day tickets. Powered by Cricket, the new app allows users to:
- Create personalized Fan Cards to share personal information such as photos, favorite players and other individual preferences through social media;
- Experience Toyota Park and navigate the grounds with an interactive map to use while at a game or to plan for an upcoming game;
- Browse Fire merchandise and game tickets;
- Review detailed, interactive Fire Player Cards, with team member and game photos, video, and statistics, as well as playlist suggestions for fans, featuring the team’s favorite songs.
- Cricket subscribers will be able to easily download their favorite Fire players’ songs via Cricket’s Muve Music® service, a digital music subscription service that offers millions of songs with unlimited downloads to Cricket smartphones.
“This is the first time Cricket has partnered with a sports team to create a mobile sports fan app,” said Al King, area vice president for Cricket Communications, Chicago. “We hope it helps fuel the passion of Chicago Fire fans, similar to how we feel our Muve Music service fuels musical inspiration for people everywhere.”
“We are proud to work with Cricket to develop an engaging mobile application that enables fans to create their own connection to our players, our partners and our Club,” said Dave Beck, Fire Vice President of Corporate Partnerships. “The Fire app is powered by Cricket and will have a multitude of features that will enhance the overall fan experience, both in-game and away from Toyota Park.”
“The Chicago Fire Mobile App Powered by Cricket” will be available to download via Google Play for Android on Saturday, August 18 at 4:30 p.m. CT. September 15, 2012 is the app release date for iOS. Soccer fans can also download the app online at Chicago-fire.com/app.