Marseille coach Bielsa praises his team, lead Ligue 1
Ligue 1 – Marseille 2-0 Nantes
Coach Bielsa reacts:
– What is your analysis of the match?
“It’s a well-deserved victory. The opposition had just one real chance to score. We lacked a little fluidity in the first half. We struggled to find the first pass. We failed to get the ball out of defence and into attack and into the zones to construct our attacks.”
– With another victory, OM are unbeatable at home…
“The figures speak for themselves…”
– You chose to start Barrada again…
“He is getting more playing time in the starting line-up, but obviously he still struggles to complete a full 90 minutes. Over the two matches he has just played, his level was the same. With more playing time he will keep getting better.”
– Alessandrini went off injured. Is it the same injury?
“It’s a foot injury, and separate to his recent ankle problem.”
– You team doesn’t seem to struggle in maintaining the rhythm and looks very good physically…
“It’s a team that only plays once a week, in general. Like every other team, it is prepared for this rhythm of competition. It’s nothing exceptional and certainly doesn’t need explaining.”
– With a goal and an assist, was this Thauvin’s best game of the season?
“He produced a very complete performance. He has the ability and the temperament to play at this level. His contribution is very important. He is a young player who is becoming a pillar of this team.”